Classes are free and open to anyone interested (unless noted otherwise), including current CAC clients.
For more information on all classes, contact Julie Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org, 816-763-3277 x 110,
Eating Smart * Being Active - Starting July 10
Lesson 1: Welcome to Eating Smart • Being Active Get Moving! - July 10
• Learn cooking skills and knife safety.
• Explore fun ways to be active.
Lesson 2: Plan, Shop, $ave - July 17
• Ways to plan and shop for healthy meals and snacks that fit in your budget.
Lesson 3: Fruits and Veggies - Half Your Plate - July 24
• Increase the amount and types of vegetables and fruits your family eats every day.
Lesson 4: Make Half Your Grains Whole - July 31
• Ensure your family consumes at least half of their grains as whole grains.
Lesson 5: Go Lean With Protein - August 14
• Learn about lean protein foods and food safety.
Lesson 6: Build Strong Bones - August 21
• How to get enough calcium from low-fat or nonfat dairy foods or other foods high in calcium.
Lesson 7: Make a Change/Celebrate! Eat Smart and Be Active - August 28
• Pick up tips for limiting fat, sugar and salt.
• Discuss feeding children and celebrate new knowledge and skills for making healthy food and activity choices.
Evergy's Income Eligible Programs - July 15
Virtual Beginner Yoga - July 21